Find our application here:Application
Thank you for your interest in joining our Little Farmer Family!
We are now hiring for
⇒ Farm Maintenance (Full time, Year round) ⇐
Before applying please take a moment to read over our Mission Statement and thoughts on our business.
The Little Farmer is here:
- To provide an enjoyable and memorable family farm experience for visitors of all ages.
- To sell local produce and quality products in such a way that customers can purchase as much of what they want as easily, efficiently, and happily as possible.
- To provide a place of employment where employees feel valued and have opportunities to gain experience and grow personally in a pleasant and safe environment.
…..to constantly improve:
- The quality of fruit we grow and products we sell.
- The methods we use to grow and produce food items.
- The service and atmosphere we provide to customers.
Just Some Thoughts
- A farm like this is usually run by a family of two or more.
- Takes many months and man-hours of behind-the-scene orchard and field work to obtain the quality of produce which is sold during four months.
- We want very much to have a positive place to work with happy help all working on a well-run farm.
- It is of utmost importance not to lose touch with the customer’s needs and wants.
- You will not be asked to do anything that year-round staff would not or have not already done ourselves.
- Want us all to work smarter, not harder. Please stay flexible. Let’s brain storm until we get it right.
- Want to set up a systematic management so people have well-defined jobs.
- Some work principles:
- Is doing your best good enough? No! You must know clearly what to do and do it well. And if your best does not meet the standard, then you must constantly strive to improve your best. If you are unsure on how to do something, ASK! We’ll help you.
- Quality work and production costs less, not more. Why? Because there is less “doing it over”.
- There is always a better way. Improve, constantly and forever, the system production and service to improve quality and productivity in each step of the process.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- I expect us all to work together as a team, helping one another out for the good of all.
- Please be constantly learning and teaching.