Main hub of activity…
When the first apples are harvested in August, the Apple House becomes the main hub of activity for the rest of the season.
The old brick Apple House, was built in the 1940′s and the bakery was added on to the east side of the building in 1991. The walk-in cooler was the old Pipe village school house from up the road. It was disassembled, moved and rebuilt by Emil Beyer in the 1950′s.
This quaint building houses the main salesroom, bakery, caramel apple kitchen, refrigeration equipment and the apple grading area where the apples are washed, sorted on our computerized Integra sizing machine, visually inspected and then bagged.
When the first apples are harvested in August, the Apple House becomes the main hub of activity for the rest of the season. The salesroom is stocked with merchandise, the bakers return to gear themselves up to make thousands of pies and muffins, the apple peeler is prepared to peel literally tons of apples, staff gets hired and trained — all in preparation for you.
Items for sale in the apple house